Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Monday, January 9

PRAYING AND READING OVER THE WORD

This morning, I had such a sweet time "pray-reading" over the verses in Romans 5:5-6 and 8:9:


"...The love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.  For while we were yet weak, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.


But you are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.  yet if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not of Him."


I was sitting on the rocking chair in E's (my baby boy) room, while he was busy moving his things around back and forth.  When I started praying over these verses out loud, he stopped and started to listen to what I was saying.  I then started speaking these  verses to Him...in short phrases. The more I spoke, the more he started smiling =).  "E, did you know that the love of God has been poured out into our hearts?? That we are not in the flesh, but in the spirit...because we have the Spirit of God dwelling in us!" :D


The Lord really touched me at that moment how important it was for me to speak Christ to E while he is young.  Instead of filling his mind with other things, I should take the opportunity to fill it with the precious Word of God.  If I really love my boy, then helping him develop a taste and appetite for the Word is the best thing I can do for him.


"Lord, supply me and nourish me every day so that I can feed others."

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this entry. It is so sweet that you can speak Christ into Ethan. What a normal way to raise a child in the word of God. Keep it up W!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so true, what better way to give our children the foundation to experience the world. Praise God for YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)