Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, January 17

MICROWAVED CHINESE STEAMED FISH

Here's a super quick and easy way to cook fresh steamed fish!

                                   {photo credit}

Ingredients:
1 basa or flounder filet
3 T sake or rice wine
ginger (I sliced 10-15 thin slices into thinner strips)
2 stalks of scallion (sliced into thin strips)
3 T grapeseed oil + 1 tsp of sesame oil
2 T soy sauce
2 T Viet Huoung fish sauce
4 T hot water

Directions:
Rinse filet and place it in a shallow heatproof plate.  Scatter the ginger slices on top of the filet and then drizzle the wine evenly.  Cover tightly with saran wrap and microwave for 5-6 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish).

Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over high heat until it starts to smoke. (Add the sesame oil to the pan right before pouring) Mix together the soy sauce, fish sauce, and hot water in a separate bowl and set aside.  

Once fish is ready, add scallion and drizzle the the soy sauce mixture over the fish.  Pour the heated oil slowly all over the fish. You should hear it sizzle!

Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the recipe, will try this as soon as I get the ingredients together --- looking forward to hear the sizzle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana! The sizzle's my favorite part!:)

      Delete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)