Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, January 12

ALMOND TEA LATTE


I recently came across this fantastic cup of perfection from Christine @ justbella.  She calls it the "London Fog."  Normally running at almost $4 for a venti at Starbucks, I made this for about 50 cents!  O.O  It's currently my new favorite drink!


I've adapted a little from her recipe based on what I already had available.  Here's my version:




1 cup of earl grey tea (8 oz. of water to 1 tea bag)
2-3 T of my homemade almond syrup (refer below)
frothed milk


Add these 3 simple ingredients together and enjoy! :)


Recipe for Almond Syrup:
  • 1 1/2 C of water
  • 1 C of cane sugar
  • 1 C of brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 - 2 T almond extract 
  • pinch of salt
Pour water and sugar together in a small saucepan under medium high heat.  After it starts to boil, let it simmer for 10 minutes.  The liquid should slightly thicken.  Remove from heat and add in your preferred extract and salt.  Let it cool to room temperature before pouring it into an airtight container.  Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)