Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Wednesday, January 11

CURRY WITH CHICKEN + POTATOES + CARROTS

This is my first recipe post, so I thought I'd share with you my husband's favorite comfort food:  CURRY!  It's one of MY favorites because it's so quick and easy... no marinating or need of multiple pans!

Serving size: 4


4 chicken thighs (cut into bite-size chunks)
1 large russet potato (bite-size chunks)
1/2 bag of baby carrots or 2 large carrots (bite size chunks)
*sliced onions would work great too... my husband just prefers them without.


1 T grapeseed oil 
1 T curry powder + 1 tsp of curry powder (set aside)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Lawry's season salt
3 C chicken broth
2 cubes of Golden Curry (medium hot)


2 C rice (the one below is the best tasting brown rice we've found so far!)




Directions:

  1. Heat the oil (I use grapeseed, but any oil should be fine) in a large saute pan on medium high heat.  Add in the chicken and quickly start stirring it around in the pan to prevent it from burning. Add season salt, garlic powder, and curry powder. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink (about 5 min) and then add in the carrots and potatoes.  Sprinkle on the extra curry powder that was set aside and stir it all together for about 5 more minutes.    
  2. Pour in the chicken broth (we like it extra saucy... you can adjust the liquid as you like) and wait until it starts getting hot.  Add in the Golden Curry cubes and stir gently until they melt evenly into the broth. Turn the heat down to medium low.  
  3. Stir occasionally as the sauce thickens.  Make sure to also check the potatoes because they tend to stick to the pan.  Let everything slowly simmer for about 20-25 more minutes (until the carrots and potatoes are softened).  
  4. Serve over rice and enjoy while it's hot!


3 comments:

  1. I made this tonight and it tasted great. I enjoy getting physical and spiritual nourishment from your posts:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it, Katherine! Btw, is this Katherine N.? Just want to make sure :) If not, can you email me at enjoyerofgrace@gmail.com? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this is Katherine N!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)