Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, March 27

DIY COLOR BLOCKING JAR

By definition, color blocking is strategically placing and pairing contrasting colors together. Right now this trend is everywhere - from clothes to home decor.  I'm still not sure if I'm a huge fan of it, but recently I did see a great example of it being used in this project featured by Design*Sponge.


How cute right?! Although I didn't have any rope on hand, I did have a TON of twine that I got for free from IKEA and some leftover fabric from my bulletin board makeover.  Using the above project for inspiration, I decided to play around with my materials to see what I could make - with the help of my trusty glue gun! :D





 What do you think? Interesting... huh? ;) For now my little DIY sits in our kitchen and holds our pens and stuff.  


This actually turned out to be a lot of fun and got me thinking about color blocking another container to hold my keys (yes, I'm still needing one for my "changing table-turned-drop off station/workspace"). Although next time I would like to spread the colors around more instead of keeping it all in one section. Hmmm... will definitely update you all if I do!

Be back tomorrow with an easy and healthier alternative to the DELICIOUS fried chicken! :) Hope everyone's having a great start to their week! 

10 comments:

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)