Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Wednesday, March 7

WALL ART IDEAS


Before I start talking about wall art, I would like to take a moment and thank each and every one of you who have ever visited, commented, and followed/subscribed to my blog.  When I first started blogging in January, it was mainly to get some "grown-up me" time during E's afternoon naps.  I never imagined that three months later, my posts would be viewed by so many thousands of you or that I'd be making so many friends in blog land! You all are awesome! Your kind comments and emails have been such an encouragement. :D Thank you so so much from the bottom of my heart!

Now onto some ideas for wall art... :)

Filling up a large wall space can often be a daunting and expensive task. That is why I love gallery walls! Not only are they visually interesting, they work well in almost any space and with any decorating style. Also the variety of objects that can be used are unlimited! 

Next to our dining room, we have a little niche in the wall that I have seen most people fill with large vases or metal art. Instead I made a small gallery wall with these IKEA Ram wooden frames that come in a 3-pack for $1.99.


I spray-painted them dark brown and filled the frames with catalog pictures that we brought back from our Yellowstone trip. Instead of buying the expensive prints, I cut out the sample photos and framed those instead.  

*Below is also a poster that I found at the Dollar Tree and had adhered to a large canvas.  

 


In our hallway, I used an assortment of frames (that I had spray-painted white) and made another gallery wall by framing postcards, scraps of fabric, scenic pictures that I took, the front of our wedding invitation, and bible quotes. I also hung this mirrored frame from IKEA that I had painted a soothing green.  


Calendar pictures are also great for framing and displaying as wall art. Here's an example of how we used them in our guest bedroom.




Are any of you thinking to create a gallery wall too? :) Here's an idea sheet from Ann Beck Photography to help you with the placement and spacing.


By the way, Michaela @ Michaela Noelle Designs is hosting a She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not Link Up next Wednesday! Hope you all can join in!


Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. Pretty assortment of frames! A gallery wall is on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Gallery! Now my motto is blank wall space = canvas to be filled. LOL. I have lots of pics in posts of my kitchen hall wall if you'd like to visit. to make the wall pop place inexpensive shelves scattered with the framed prints and place knick-knacks. Buy old magazines 1930-60's mags at the antique mall..less than $5 and use vintage ads for kitchen wall art. use plates on walls, even ones you use...great storage for platters when not in use. Oh the skies the limit when you think of anything as 3-D art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gallery walls are so much fun. I'm in the process of helping my son put one together for the foyer of his house.

    Thanks for joining the fun at Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)