Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Monday, March 5

FABRIC TRANSFORMATIONS

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. :)  I went a little "fabric-happy" this past week and covered a number of items to be re-used around the house.  Here are few that I'd like to share with you!

When E transitioned to whole milk last year, I saved the last formula can as a small keepsake and used it to hold items on my desk.  I had stripped off the label and planned to re-cover it with pretty paper or fabric. Since I recently updated up my bulletin board, I decided to use the leftover fabric to cover the can as well to have them match. With some spray adhesive, fabric, and scissors, I instantly transformed the plain can into a cute container in under 5 minutes! 


The next item I covered was a large plastic tray that I found in IKEA's clearance section last year.  It wasn't the prettiest, however I loved how large but lightweight it was.  For only $3.50, I happily took it home and was excited to see how I could update it.  Initially I spray-painted it with metallic gray and white stripes. However I wasn't very pleased with the results and ended up hiding the tray in our coat closet until I could work on it again.  Finally this past Thursday, after being inspired by this project, I took it back out and turned it into this...



Lastly, I had fun making some euro pillow covers out of flat bed sheets that we never use.  When we finished making our tufted headboard last month, I was super SUPER excited! However the large scale of the headboard made our bed look bare and it desperately needed some large pillows. Purchasing two euro pillows would've cost me at least $60 though (more than half of what I had spent on the whole headboard!) and I was determined to find a cheaper solution.  I ended up finding some large pillow forms at Joann's and with my 40% coupons, I spent a total of $16! :)  Keeping the covers white made the pillows versatile in case I ever decide to change the bedding.  I bought half a yard of green floral fabric and made a small accent pillow too.   



Have any of you covered items with fabric lately? I'd love to hear about it! :)

4 comments:

  1. I want to do a tray like that - haven't figured out where I'll put it. I decopaged a glass plate for display:
    http://cannaryfamily.blogspot.com/2012/02/february-thifting.html

    Really fun and inexpensive, though fabric seems to be getting pricier lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That plate is gorgeous, Rustown Mom! Decoupaging is something I've been wanting to learn how to do too. Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the fabric covered tray. I painted and stenciled one recently..not I am going to have to fine one to cover with fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Trays are so much fun aren't they?! :)

      Delete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)