Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Wednesday, March 28

DIY TEA STATION

My husband and I are both BIG tea drinkers. I make this tea latte (except with agave) for us every night after E goes to bed. Usually we keep our stash of teas in the pantry; however these days it's been getting too crowded in there and I wanted a more accessible place to keep all our teas. We had an empty spot on the counter a few feet away from the stove that I thought would be perfect for a small tea station. 

I had picked up this wooden shelf-looking thing from IKEA a few months ago for $2 in their clearance section. Originally my thought was to place it above our microwave to hold our fruits.  However it turned out to be a little too wide and looked awkward in that space. I kept it anyways... just in case an opportunity like this came up. ;)  


This project literally took me about 20 minutes from start to finish. There was no need to paint since the birch actually matched our kitchen cabinets.  I simply measured and cut out a section of the shelf-liner that I had leftover from my SNIGLAR changing table makeover and adhered it to the surface of the shelf.  I also used the liner to cover the outside of this KRUS container to help keep a more uniform look.  


Here's how it all turned out. What a simple way to give our beloved teas their very own home! It's now my new favorite spot in the kitchen. :D


Have any of you completed any simple DIYs lately that made a huge impact? I'd love to hear from you!

Have a fantastic Wednesday!



6 comments:

  1. Isn't clearance fun to find? That's very cute!
    Found you via DIY Dreamer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an original idea!!! My hubby and I are sooo into tea right now.. YUM!

    Thanks so very much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely!! so practical! I also love tea and I like to have things by hand

    http://lacasitadmaria.blogspot.com.es/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/lacasitadmaria

    María from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute spot for tea . Visiting u via CALM linky party.

    Sumana @ Colours in my Mind

    http://foodcolours.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/947/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I am huge tea drinker too, and I usually keep my favorites in a little ceramic container on the counter. This is way cuter, and I love how organized it is! I also love the shelf paper you used to make everything match. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, but so pretty and functional!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)