Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, March 13

BULGOGI SPRING ROLLS

With our weekly meal planning, the weekends are when I get creative and clean out the fridge. This past Sunday night I made some bulgogi (korean bbq beef) spring rolls with a homemade peanut dipping sauce. For being so limited on ingredients, I was actually quite pleased with the result! The sweetness of the bulgogi plus the saltiness of the peanut sauce complimented each other perfectly. Next time I would like to add more veggies like carrots, cucumbers and cilantro.


Ingredients (Spring Roll)
1 pkg spring roll wrappers
cooked bulgogi (korean bbq beef)
fresh baby spinach
cooked mung bean noodles

Peanut Dipping Sauce
1/4 C soy sauce
2 T peanut butter
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 T warm water
crushed peanuts sprinkled on top* (optional)


Directions
Prepare the wrappers according to the package instructions (basically soften them one at a time in a large pan of warm water) and lay them on a clean surface. The wrappers break really easily so be extra careful when handling them. Lay the noodles, spinach, and bulgogi on top of each other and carefully wrap them up together. I usually like to roll halfway, fold up both sides, and then finish rolling them all the way. You can leave them in large rolls or slice them in half at an angle before serving.

The recipe for the peanut dipping sauce usually calls for hoisin sauce. However since I didn't have any on hand, I made up my own mix and loved it just as much! :D


*       *      *     *     *     *     *

Before I go, I want to send a HUGE thank you to Jen @ IHeartOganizing for featuring my bulletin board makeover yesterday! She is one of my favorite bloggers and I was more than honored to have her share my project! :)


Much grace,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)