Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Wednesday, May 9

[RE-PURPOSED] COSTCO BOXES





I've been needing wanting a tray for my nightstand but refused to spend money on one.  After looking around the house to see what I can re-purpose, I remembered this old Costco box that I had kept in my car.  It was sturdy and seemed like the perfect size. 



I had some fabric left over from our headboard project and thought it'd be a great way to tie the tray to our room.  With the help of some spray adhesive and hot glue, here's how the tray turned out:







Not bad huh? :D I loved it so much that I made one for my husband's side too. So what do you all think? Good way to reuse those Costco boxes? Have any of you ever tried re-purposing them too? I'd love to hear about it!


16 comments:

  1. I use these trays for storing cleaning supplys in under the cabinets in the kitchen, utility room,and garage keeps cabinet shelves from getting dirty and as they are worn I will always have a replacement by simply waiting on grocery week.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing, Comeca! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Weiya,
    I am new to your blog, I linked over from Abby’s “We Did It” link up party. I love re-purposing old or unusual objects, and making them into new treasures. I love your tray. Nice work, plus so green.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is fabulous!!! I absolutely LOVE this idea, how creative! What a simple way but clever way to make a little decorative tray! I'm always looking for nice trays as they always seem to come in handy and they look pretty too... now I'll have to make one! Thanks for the inspiration!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are so clever. That looks perfect beside your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice idea.. thanks for posting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how clever this is. I think I will have to make one of these to drop our mail in as we walk in the door. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love your pictures and tutorial! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tutorial and a clever idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS!!! SUCH A GREAT IDEA...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a new follower and I had to say that I LOVE this idea! How clever! I've always thought that the boxes at Costco were a great size and weight but I would have never thought to do this. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thanks so much, Helen! I'm so happy you liked this project. Those boxes are great - large, sturdy, and best of all - free! :D

      Delete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)