Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Monday, August 13

EZ STRIP QUILT




Happy Monday friends! As I mentioned last Friday, I've been busy with a lot of sewing projects. This second quilt that I finished was for my parents' 30th anniversary. The one I made for them in college had been slowly falling apart, and I've been wanting to make them another one. Now that they finally received it over the weekend (sorry it's a month late!), it's safe to share it with you all.. ;)


Like my EZ scrap quilt, this one's also 45" x 60" (crib-size).  My parents like to keep theirs on the sofa as a lap blanket, so I didn't need it to be too big.  




For the white borders and the backing, I used a flat sheet again to keep the quilt soft on the underside.  


For the binding, I just used the leftover scraps, cut them into 2.5" wide strips and sewed them all together. 


So yeaahhhh... I think I'm good on quilts for a while. ;) Hope you all enjoyed this simple quilt pattern!

Be back soon with a stenciled project I just completed for our dining room. :)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful job, Weiya! I love the color palette you have chosen. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a quilt I could make! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blanket Weiya! I really like the patterns you choose. they must be so proud to have a blanket made by their daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! That does look pretty easy! I love those colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! You all are too kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING this quilt too Weiya!! You're AMAZING!!! xoxo

    Thank you for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice gift for your parents! I am sending on o my niece who is making a quilt for a friend's baby.

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I really want to do a quilt and need to just get up the courage to sit down and do it. This seems like a great pattern to start with and I love that it is different too. Would love if you stopped by www.realsouthernliving.com!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this - I am your newest follower. I'm so glad you linked up to the weekly creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the fabrics you chose and the idea of sheet for backing is wonderful. Not only is it soft, you don't have to piece your back...yea! Thanks for sharing your talent at A Humble Creation!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)