Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Monday, August 27

B&W FAMILY ROOM MAKEOVER + WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT


So over the weekend, our family room went from this....



to this...





who inspired me to make all these:




*     *     *     *      *     *     *     *

Besides the small amount of fabric I bought for the pillows, everything else was re-purposed from something I already had. 

For my attempted bokeh art, I took down the old canvases, duct taped them together, wrapped 2 layers of batting over them (so I didn't have to paint over the originals) and then covered the entire thing with a large white fabric using a staple gun.  


Using Martha Stewart's foam pouncers, I stamped on multiple circles using black, gray, and a lighter gray acrylic paint (mixed with a fabric medium).  I then spayed a light coat of scotch guard for added protection.  



For the pillows, I found the fabrics at Joann's and made envelope covers (so that I'll be able to wash them later on).  The designs on the two white pillows were stenciled on using painter's tape and foam pouncers.  

Found out this weekend that I actually like plaid... black plaid specifically! 

I tried to make a replica of one of the pillows in A Merry Mishap's living room. Can you tell which one? ;)


There are still some small things I have left to work on, but for the most part I am pretty happy with the feeling the space creates already! 

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

Finally... the winner of the second Martha Stewart Giveaway is: 
#64: Christine Cook for sharing this giveaway on Facebook!

Congratulations, Christine! I will be contacting you soon! :D

Thanks to all who participated! 


7 comments:

  1. YAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

    LOVE the family room makeover!! SOOOOO COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really liking this living room Weiya! It looks so good. And the pillow you made a replica of is the white one with the little black bows! :) I thought it was the same pillow! I wouldn't have known it was a replica. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That art is INCREDIBLE. Your black and white room looks inviting and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the makeover, it looks great! I'm in the process of making over our entire house .. one room at a time! Wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the transformation! I love how you used your two old canvases to make a new one! I have one I love but frankly am sick of looking at so perhaps all I need is some fabric and a creative mind! Next time I redo my pillows, I should definitely sew envelope covers so I can switch them up - do you have a tutorial for that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is absolutely lovely and that artwork is genius! I was actually thinking of doing something very similar for my studio, and you have given me the push to pull it off! :)

    xo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great transformation! I love the black and white and the art is genius!!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)