Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, August 2

DIY TISSUE BOX COVER




We always buy our tissue boxes in bulk from Costco. However, sometimes the designs aren't the "prettiest" and they'd stand out [not in a good way] in our living room. o.O




I decided to make a simple cover that I'd be able to easily slip on and off. With materials that I already had on hand, I quickly re-purposed an old shoe box into something a little more useful and pleasant to look at. ;)



I found this Sanuk box to be the best fit. The length needs to be shortened a little, but the width and height matched almost exactly with the tissue box. 


First I cut off the top so that I would just be left with the base. To fix the length issue, I took the box apart and cut the flaps down to shorten it. The rest of the pictures are pretty self-explanatory.








Once the box was ready, I wrapped it up with some brown wrapping paper and styled it with some decorative adhesive trim.



Then for a little extra touch, I stenciled on the words, "Bless You" on the front. :)


What do you all think? Have any of you attempted at making covers before? Or re-purposed shoe boxes for other uses? I'd love to hear from you! :)



Linking up with: Today's Creative Blog

6 comments:

  1. I like it! It's so sweet how it says, "Bless you". I've thought about making these before but haven't done it yet. My favorite tissue box covers are still the ones my grandma used to crochet. She also used to make these dolls with huge Southern style dresses and hide the toilet paper underneath the dress.

    Like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CROCHET-Air-Freshener-Doll-Tissue-Cover-Set-Mom-/310129419957

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is brilliant. I love how the box says 'bless you'. It's absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic idea, Weiya--I've been looking for a cute way to cover a tissue box, so I will give this a try! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH!! What a great idea Weiya! I tend to by tissue based on the box and not the quality hehe Now I can buy whatever I want.. since I can make my own box!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)