Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, April 12

[INSPIRED BY] CHEESECAKE FACTORY'S PASTA DA VINCI




The Pasta Da Vinci is one of my husband's favorites at the Cheesecake Factory. It's a simple dish but packed with tons of flavor. I use to make a very similar version for him often but somehow forgotten about it until recently. I decided to add it back into our meal plan this week and was reminded tonight just HOW good it is.

I like to add spinach in my version though for some extra nutritional value. :)



Ingredients
Chicken
1/4 tsp salt
1 T white wine or rice wine
1 T grapeseed oil
5 chicken thighs (cut into bite-sized pieces)

Sauce

1 T grapeseed oil
8 oz. baby bella mushrooms (quartered)
1 C beef broth
1/2 C marsala wine
1/2 C whipping cream
1/4 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
3 T unsalted butter
1 T flour
1/4 tsp salt

1/2 lb. of penne
2 C baby spinach 
shredded parmesan
dried basil

Directions
Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and white wine for about an hour in the fridge.

Cook the penne "al dente" according to package instructions and drain. Use the leftover pasta water to blanch the spinach. Set both aside.

Heat 1 T of oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add in the marinated chicken pieces and lay them evenly on the hot pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. To help develop a nice golden crust, do not disturb the chicken until it's ready to be flipped over. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Remove the chicken and set aside.

Add in another T of oil into the pan and pour in the mushrooms. Cook until they're softened.

Lower the heat to medium. Push the mushrooms to one side and melt the butter on the other side. Slowly add in the flour while whisking to make a roux. Stir the mushrooms back into the roux. Pour in the broth and wine and let the sauce simmer for about 10-15 minutes minutes to cook off the alcohol.

Right before it's ready, pour in the heavy cream and then the chicken. Stir together well and then remove from heat. Toss in the spinach and penne to thoroughly coat with the sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and dried basil.

Serve and enjoy! :)

13 comments:

  1. ooo yum.. looks difficult to make... i think you need to make it for me, weiyaweiya! :P hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely and I pinned it, just, please, when you cook "Italian" use olive oil :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks SO good, I just pinned it so I can remember it next week when i make my shopping list!!! I looove the Cheesecake Factory, and love their pastas, I've never tried this one!! Thanks for sharing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Maria! Let me know how it turns out! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for linking up this fabulous project!!!
    This week’s Linky Party is up!!!! http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_28.html
    I hope you will stop by an link up another lovely project..
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm! That looks and sounds incredibly delicious. And it's pure torture to be looking at it - and now thinking about it - while I'm trying to catch up on blog visitors. lol

    Thanks for joining the fun at Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do you marinate the chicken with the white wine and salt. Is that enough wine and salt for the chicken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I always find that the meat isn't flavorful enough, so I like to marinate it first before cooking. The quarter teaspoon doesn't make it super salty, but gives it just enough flavor before the flavored sauce. Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the advice. Will try to make this tonight. I enjoy grace too! :)
    Santosh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I know about this mall is very good style in chennai. Last time Aluminium Scaffolding with toy machine is great looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All MNC company need interior designs for new look. Its help look and feel gud.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)