Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Monday, April 23

REFLECTIONS + BLOGGING TIPS/RESOURCES




I have a special post for you today about my experiences thus far with blogging. I know this may sound surprising, but before last fall I was kind of oblivious to this world of blogs. I knew "about" them... just never really got into them. Then I started watching the Nate Berkus Show and was instantly hooked. (By the way... am I the only person who didn't know his show got canceled? I just found out a little while ago. So sad.) It was during these afternoons when I was introduced to the most amazing bloggers like John and Sherry @ Young House Love. Their blog was the very first one I started reading/following and then from there Kate @ Centsational Girl, Jen's @ IHeartOrganizing, Kate @ The Small Things and Christine @ Just Bella... just to name a few. ;)

All these blogs inspired me to create my own this January and that's when "Enjoyer of Grace" first got started. To be honest, I didn't think it'd be too hard and didn't realize just how much time really went into keeping a blog. From the time spent on projects, to taking all the pictures, to editing the pictures and then writing up the posts and then editing those before hitting that "PUBLISH" button... yes those hours can really add up.

And then there's the blog design... I didn't know a thing about html codes when I first got started. Who knew that creating a clean and user-friendly blog would require so much work behind the scenes?? But now I know (and knowing's half the battle... my husband loves this quote from G.I. Joe and it somehow stuck with me hehe) and after spending hours upon hours of researching and editing, I decided to share my findings to spare you all the frustration that I went through. I put together a few tutorials that really helped me when I first got started. For my dear fellow bloggers or aspiring bloggers, this is for you!

HOW TO:

Create a blog header/banner using Picasa 3

Create a thumbnail gallery 

Create a grab button and add it to your blog 

Center your post and date titles 

Center your navigation bar/page links 

Center Blogger Adsense in sidebar

Remove space between blog posts 

Remove frames from your pictures and signature 

Add a "Pin It" button to posts 

Add the Facebook "Like" button to posts 

Create and add social media buttons 

If there's anything else you have questions about, please feel free to leave a comment or email me @ enjoyerofgrace@gmail.com... whichever way is most comfortable for you. :)

Yes, blogging is a lot of work and I'm still learning everyday how to find balance and not let it consume all my time. However I still love it and appreciate all the friendships that I've formed with many of you! :) Thank you again for all your sweet comments, emails and helpful tips along the way. 

Have a great Monday!

10 comments:

  1. Weiya! Thanks so much for posting all this great information! I have already used one of the ideas you wrote about. :) Being new to blogging as well has shown me how much you can do to personalize your blog!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Stephanie! I am so glad you found it helpful! :D

      Delete
  2. I for one am glad you started blogging. thank you for your hard work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Debra! Thank you so much for the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi there! I found you over at the blog hop from Sunday (Absolute Mommy). I hope you enjoy the blog ride...it's a lot of work like you mentioned, but you meet a lot of people. It's a great community! I like how you compiled this list (I actually remember reading the one from Sweet Verbena).
    I'm happily following you along and wish you all the best.
    I'd love for you to check me out too.
    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the sweetest, Weiya. Such great resources here for new bloggers.

    p.s. I had no idea the Nate Berkus show got canceled!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Christine! I know... I was so sad when I found out. I love that show!

      Delete
  5. What a great list of resources! It is tough to dive into the blogging world from a technical perspective... I've had to ask for help more than a few times! So glad you're part of this little blogging community though : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I've really been enjoying it! :)

      Delete
  6. You're doing a great job, Weiya! It does take time figuring things out, and about the time you get it all figured out, something will change. Just keep having fun. lol

    Thanks for the helpful tips linked at Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)