Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Monday, April 16

DIY PAINT CHIP + GLITTER CANVAS ART



Happy Monday, dear friends! :) Don't you feel like this past week just flew by?? After our trip to the northeast, we came back home to a million different things that needed to be done. Surprisingly I managed to get some time in for a few DIYs. ;)

Some of you might remember this DIY Paint Chip Art from Honey We're Home that I posted about in March. I have been collecting paint chips since then in hopes of creating something similar. Then a few weeks ago I found this fine tip glue pen at Joann's and could not even explain my excitement! What... I can't be the only one who gets giddy about stationary right?? :D

I decided to have some fun with it and came up with my own paint chip creation. With the help of some gold glitter, I created this little canvas art for E's room.


What do you think of the mint and tangerine combination? I pretty much adore it! :) Here's the simple how-to if you'd like to make one yourself:

Materials: paint chips, thin canvas board, "circle" hole punch, glue pen, glitter, 3D glue dots, pencil and ruler



Directions: Draw a faint pencil line to mark where the glitter will be. Apply the glue and sprinkle glitter over it. Next punch out some circles from the paint chips and stick them onto the canvas using 3D glue dots.



I added this little "love you" on top because we tell E this every night before bed and he always repeats it back to us. There's really nothing sweeter to our ears. :)






Quick and easy... my favorite kind of DIY. :)


Hope you all are having a great start to your week! 

10 comments:

  1. How sweet is this!! Very original!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so simple but striking! I love your style and the way it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Thanks for the great idea! I would love for you to share this at my link party
    http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/04/share-it-link-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your project!!!
    I currently have a Craft, Create and Inspire linky party going on, i would love you to stop by and link up this project...
    http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_21.html

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief this is so very cute! Love it!! Featuring it in tomorrow's Show & Share! Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for linking up this fabulous project!!!
    This week’s Linky Party is up!!!! http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_28.html
    I hope you will stop by an link up another lovely project..
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun, thrifty project. The colors you chose look great together.

    Thanks for linking your creation to Time Travel Thursday. I hope you'll join the fun each week. Be sure to stop in tonight, and see yourself featured.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pure & sophisticated design of your card!
    Hanni

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)