Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Sunday, December 29

SIMPLE CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA



Curry is one of my husband's favorite meals to eat. I'm always excited when I can find a new way of changing it up for him. For awhile now, I've been wanting to make tikka masala (aka creamy tomato curry) and recently found this simple recipe that didn't involve grilling or 10 different spices. With a few minor alterations, I was absolutely pleased with the results! 

INGREDIENTS
1 lb. chicken thighs (bite-sized)
1 T honey
2 T ketchup
4 T Greek yogurt

2 T salted butter
1/2 medium-sized white onion (thinly sliced)

1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes (undrained and split into two parts)
3/4 C water
1 tsp salt

2 cubes of curry sauce (S&B Golden Curry-Medium Hot)
1/2 C whipping cream
2 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
salt to taste

*optional: hand blender 

DIRECTIONS
Marinate the chicken thighs in ketchup, honey and Greek yogurt. Set aside.

Using a blender, combine one part of the diced tomatoes, water and salt until fully liquefied. Set aside. 

In a large saute pan, melt the butter on medium high heat. Toss in the onions and cook until soft and lightly browned.  Add in the chicken with the yogurt mixture and stir well.  

Once the chicken starts to turn color, add in the tomato mixture along with the remaining tomatoes. Add in the curry cubes and stir until fully dispersed. Simmer for about 5 minutes. 

*If you're not a huge fan of biting into onions like my husband, remove the chicken at this point and set it aside. With a hand blender, puree the sauce directly in the pan until smooth and then put the chicken back in.  

Slowly pour in the cream and then the soy sauce. Stir well and cook until it comes back to a boil. Remove from heat and serve over rice or naan. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)