Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, April 10

PASTA WITH SPINACH, GARBANZO BEANS, AND BACON


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Ever since I found this Sriracha Scallop recipe by Jen @ Peas and Crayons a few months ago, I've been wanting to try it out. I finally did last night and made a side of pasta on the side. Now that E eats with us and I don't have to cook for him separately, I try to be more careful about how I cook and particularly the ingredients I use. 

Since E's not a huge fan of meat yet, I've been trying to incorporate more beans into his diet. Garbanzo beans, also known as chickpeas, are not only high in nutrition but are super yummy too! With some other ingredients that I already had on hand, I decided to experiment and put together this pasta:



Here are the ingredients I used:



Ingredients
1 T grapeseed oil
1/3 C chopped turkey bacon
1-2 T minced garlic* (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chicken base
15 oz. can of garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
2 C baby spinach
shredded parmesan
red pepper flakes
elbow or rotini pasta

Directions

Cook the pasta "al dente" according to package instructions and drain. Save half a cup of the starchy water and mix in the chicken bouillon. (I LOVE this stuff. It's organic, has no MSG, and adds tons of flavor! I bought it at Costco.) Set aside.

Heat 1 T of oil in a large saute pan on medium heat. Once the oil gets hot, add the bacon and cook for about 2 minutes. (*If I were cooking this for myself, I would also add in some minced garlic.) Pour in the garbanzo beans and let it bathe in the bacon juices for another 2 minutes. Then add the spinach and cook until it's wilted.



Pour in the starchy water mixture and season with about a 1/4 tsp of salt or to your desired taste. Add the drained pasta to the pan and gently toss.

Remove from heat. Sprinkle on the Parmesan and red pepper flakes and serve! :)



By the way, these scallops were OUTSTANDING! The Sriracha made an amazing pan sauce... I was totally licking my plate afterwards. Thanks Jen for sharing this with us! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks love!!!!!!! So so so happy they were a hit! and your pasta looks beyond amazing!!! I would *devour* it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)