Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Monday, April 2

DIY CHERRY BLOSSOM BRANCHES

Hi there friends! Hope you all enjoyed your weekends. :) So I'm sure it's not a huge surprise that we love cherry blossoms in this house! We have a huge picture of the beautiful blossoms blown up on a large canvas above our mantle, another one hung in our formal living room, and this set hanging in our formal dining room. I also painted (and re-painted) two cherry blossom canvases for our family room. So when I came across these DIY cherry blossom branches on Pinterest I just could not resist! Not only were they super quick and easy to make but they produced gorgeous results!

Materials
long bare branches (real or fake doesn't matter)
light pink tissue paper (crepe streamers work fine too)
hot glue gun + glue sticks
scissors
pencil

Directions
Gather some branches and cut off the leaves if there are any. Trace an outline of a flower onto 8-10 layers of tissue paper and cut it out. Repeat with another 8-10 layers.  

Put the dry glue stick in the center of the cut-out and twist around it to form a flower. Remove the stick and tighten the twist at the bottom. Place a small dab of glue on the branches and stick the new flowers on! You can either make all your flowers first or one by one as you glue them on the branches. 




I love this little spot on our mantle now...totally puts me in the mood for spring! :) 

Have a wonderful Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Hi! I just recently found your blog and love all of your neat ideas! The DIY cherry blossoms you made are beautiful!

    loveolympiajune@blogspot.com

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a good job on that! I want to make one for me now. I'm a new follower and I would love if you came to visit my blog and shared at my party @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/2012/03/welcome-to-our-3rd-link-party-we-are-so.html
    Thanks
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been featured at Sunday Round Up! Come on over and grab a featured button! http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/04/welcome-to-our-4th-link-party-we-are-so.html Have a wonderful reat of the weekened!
    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so pretty! i love how elegant they look and i think i just might have some pink crepe paper to try these out. :) we'd love for you to link this up to our Sunday Best link party going on right now. http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunday-best-link-party_22.html
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up this fabulous project!!!
    This week’s Linky Party is up!!!! http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_28.html
    I hope you will stop by an link up another lovely project..
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job! They are so lovely and simple. Thanks for sharing at A Humble Creation!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)