Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Wednesday, February 20

DIY JEWELRY ORGANIZER



For the longest time, all my necklaces hung sadly on one single hook in my closet. They always got tangled and since they were all lumped together, I would often forget which ones I had and end up not wearing most of them. The situation with my bracelets was not much better - they were all thrown over the neck of a small IKEA vase.

I've been browsing Pinterest lately for some inspiration for a jewelry organizer. Most of the organizers I found were made from cute knobs screwed into wooden boards. The simpler ones used foam boards or cork boards. Foam boards seemed too flimsy and I didn't want to spend money on a large cork board.

As many of you know, I'm a huge fan of re-purposing (bokeh art, fabric containers/trays, Costco tray, tissue box cover, stenciled table runner, and more) so I decided to re-use these canvases I made last year. I duct-taped the two canvases together to produce a larger surface, covered it with fabric using a staple gun, and attached some foam to the back of the canvas using a hot glue gun.  



For the foam, I found some old packaging foam inserts and cut them out with a serrated knife. Be prepared for this step to get very messy!

To hide the ugly rough sides of the foam, I covered them with some leftover shelf-liner sheets that I already had. This step is not absolutely necessary since the foam will be on the backside anyways.

I used clear thumb tacks as hooks to hang all the jewelry.



I plan on adding some decorative ribbon or maybe stenciling the fabric in the future. But for now, it serves its purpose and I'm more than happy with how it came out! I also like how light the canvas was so I didn't need to put any major holes in the wall.

How do you all organize your jewelry? :)


3 comments:

  1. Great project, Weiya! It's a beautiful way to display your collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I realize you can pin pictures, notes, and/or even be a key holder by the entrance door~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job Weiya!!!! Great way to display jewelry!

    Thanks for linking up at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality! See you tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)