Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Wednesday, February 13

DIY STATEMENT NECKLACE



Statement necklaces are such a fun and simple way to add to any outfit! :) I've been having a hard time finding a casual one for everyday wear so I decided to make my own. I found everything I needed at Michaels and with all the 40% coupons, I was quite happy with the end result! 

Step 1: Divide your beads in half.

Step 2: String the first layer of beads onto the wire.

Step 3: Once you reach the end, twist the wire into a small loop and finish stringing the second layer with the remaining beads.

Step 3: Seal the other end by twisting the wire into another small loop. Cut off any excess wire.


Step 5: Make sure the loops are just big enough for the jump rings. If the loops are too large, simply twist it down to the desired size and attach your rings. 

Step 6: Attach the clasps onto both ends of the suede cord. 

Step 7: Attach both ends of the suede cord and chain onto the jump rings. 


For this necklace, I kept it simple and made the necklace just long enough to fit over my head. However if you'd like it shorter, you can also cut the cord and chain shorter into two separate pieces and attach additional clasps and jump rings to the other ends too. 

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Weiya! You are so talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weiya, thank you for linking up your lovely necklace at my Monday Makeover link party and for providing a tutorial. This necklace is beautiful and looks so professional! I don't wear necklaces much because my kids have a tendency to grab them and break them, but this is one I may just have to try!

    So glad to "meet" you and see your lovely work. I'm following you now on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is incredibly beautiful. Definitely a statement piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This minty color is one of my favorites! Great piece!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You beautiful creation was featured this week at A Humble Creation's new link party! Thanks for joining us. I enjoyed all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT Weiya!!! The entire design is fabulous and I love the green!

    Thanks so much for partying at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weiya! What a gorgeous color. I've always wanted to make my own necklaces - I have been stocking up on Pick Your Plum for future projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really pretty...I love the colors you chose. Why's it called a "statement necklace"? I'm so old... :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)