Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Sunday, June 17

WATERMELON STRAWBERRY AGUA FRESCA




One of our favorite things about summer is all the fresh fruit - mangoes, pineapples, cherries, white peaches, and watermelons! Almost always you'll find our fridge stocked with watermelon. ;) Last week I decided to use up some of our over-ripened ones and make some yummy agua fresca. 







Ingredients

5 C seedless watermelon chunks
3 limes (freshly squeezed)
1 C strawberries (sliced)
4 T honey (or to taste)
few sprigs of mint

Directions
In a large bowl, puree the watermelon, strawberries, lime juice, and mint together. (Blender works fine too. If you prefer not to eat the mint leaves, you can add the sprigs at the end.)

Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large pitcher.

Add honey and 1.5 C of filtered water and cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Serve over ice and enjoy!



*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *


I'm thinking about making it with cantaloupe or honeydew next! =D Do any of you have your own favorite combinations?

Linking up with: Summer With A Chance Of Link Ups

6 comments:

  1. Oh man weiyaweiya... That look delish!! Im going tomorrow to fet one of those sticks!! Ive got all the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so refreshing! Wonderful for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to Audra comment, so refreshing. I had chilled watermelon juice by itself and it was so good. I Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious and so refreshing! Thank you so much for being part of Summer with a Chance of Link ups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weiya!! That looks simply DELICIOUS!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! I'm looking forward to seeing you at the party this evening!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)