Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, June 21

SIMPLE SOBA NOODLE SOUP RECIPE




I'm always in the mood for anything with noodles and soup. Subconsciously I think I'm trying to train E to like it too. ;) He already loves "udon" (Japanese style noodle) and most pastas like angel hair and farfalle. Over the weekend, I decided to try out some buckwheat soba noodles.

I didn't have a recipe on hand, but just put together a basic recipe for one:

Ingredients

buckwheat soba noodles
2 C water
1/2 tsp chicken broth paste
1 tsp three crab fish sauce
1/2 C dried shitake mushrooms
salted roasted seaweed (cut into strips)
1 tsp soy sauce
hot chili pepper powder & salt (to taste)

bean sprouts, tofu, grated zucchini* (optional)



Directions
Cook the noodles according to the packaged directions. Drain under cold water and set aside.

Soak the dried mushrooms in water until they're plump. Drain the water. In a small sauce pan, bring the water to a boil and stir in the broth paste until it's fully mixed in. Add in the mushrooms and fish sauce. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.

Bring the broth back into a rolling boil and crack an egg in. Let your "poached" egg fully cook through.

Scoop the noodles into a bowl and drizzle the soy sauce on top. Ladle in the broth mixture with the mushrooms and egg. Top it with some roasted seaweed strips.

Add the chili powder and salt to desired taste. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hmm I'm seesawing between "I want to try that", and "what is it?" lol I love to try international foods, but Japanese is not something I've really tried much of.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)