Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Wednesday, June 27

BDAY PART II: THE DECOR

Since it was just the three of us, I didn't go too crazy with the decor. I kept it simple but colorful enough for picture taking purposes.  I actually drew my inspiration from these cute Kikkerland paper straws that I found at Bed Bath & Beyond. Since Elmo was also red, I decided to go with a red, black and white theme.  I found matching fabric at Hobby Lobby that I used as a backdrop for pictures.  
For the sign on the cake, I bought a Sesame Street coloring book from Target and cut Elmo out from the cover. Using scrapbook paper, paper straws, and some tape, I was able to quickly put everything together.  


Haha you like the backside of it? ;) Here's the cake after E picked off all the strawberries and ate them!



I also made him a little birthday crown to wear... although he ended up wearing it for a total of 30 seconds! Sigh* It was so much easier last year when he didn't have so many preferences! ;) I strengthened the scrapbook paper with some tape before punching a hole through it on both sides.  Then I just used some elastic thread to tie the crown together.  



The whole set-up put together looked like this:



Here it is with balloons and a fabric banner that I made for him last year.  


I thought it'd be neat to have a few birthday decor items present each year... like his banner, birthday plaque, birthday crown, and cake sign. I've been saving his crown and cake sign in a scrapbook I started for him. Hopefully, he'll enjoy looking back on it later on when he's older. :)

So there ya go... our mini-birthday celebration for E! Hope you liked it!



5 comments:

  1. Your decorations turned out really neat! I love the idea of using scrapbook paper to dress up a mason jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this turned out Weiya! It looks adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute and it looks easy to do as well.I am your newest follower come visit me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)