Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Sunday, May 13

MY DEAR MOM



When I left my teaching job to stay at home for E, it was a very easy decision for me to make. That's what my mom did and I always appreciated having her with me. Now that I'm in the same position, I'm realizing more and more what a blessing it is but also the sacrifices she made to do so.

She could have stayed at her high-paying job, gone out for fancy lunches with her co-workers, have somewhere to dress up nice for everyday and use money freely as she wanted.

But instead she traded it for long days at home, changing diapers and washing bottles, cooking and cleaning after me, conversations limited to pretty much baby talk all day long, putting up with my whining and tantrums and then getting up and doing it all over again the next day...and the next... Staying at home is definitely not the most glamorous job; it's often overlooked and under-appreciated.

It wasn't until recently that I realized my mom actually did so much more than just "stay home" with me. She brought me to know the Lord at a very young age and helped me develop a very real and personal relationship with Him even at 8 years old. I remember how she would read the Word with me everyday, encourage me to memorize verses, invite one or two other kids over just so that we could have a small children's meeting in our tiny apartment, always lead me to pray, and teach me to go to the Lord when making decisions about even the littlest things like - whether I should go to a friend's birthday party, what I should wear, what toys I should buy, etc.

Seeking His feeling and His leading... and not my own or always what my parents tell me to do.



I know I don't say this enough, but "Mama, I love you and Baba so much and appreciate the life you both gave me. Thank you for always making sure I knew I was loved and being such great patterns to me. I only hope and pray that we can do the same for E and raise him to know and love the Lord his God with his whole being."


And to all you wonderful mamas, "Happy Happy Mothers' Day!" I hope you had a sweet time with your families this weekend and know how much you're appreciated! 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful mother's day tribute to what sounds like an amazing mom. I am sure she is really proud of the daughter she raised. Hoping you and your mom both had a wonderful mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weiyaweiya! hope you had a great mother's day!! Your mama did a great job raising you, and you'll do the same with E! :D see you sooooooN~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really sweet post, Hope you and your mom had a great mother's day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)