Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, May 3

[INSPIRED BY] LA MADELEINE'S TOMATO BASIL PASTA SALAD + DAY 3

There's a casual French cafe that we often go to called La Madeleine.  My husband's a huge fan of their tomato basil soup, while E's a huge fan of their tomato basil pasta salad. And when you're a mommy, finding something that your child will eat lots of is super exciting and often motivates me to replicate it at home.  

This recipe turned out to be the quickest and tastiest dish I've ever made in under 15 minutes! There's absolutely no cooking involved, unless you count boiling the pasta.  Toast up a few slices of french baguette and you're all set!



Ingredients
1/2 box Farfalle (Bow Tie) pasta
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 T sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 T basil pesto
salt 

2 T creamy caesar dressing
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated


Directions
Cook pasta according to package instructions in a pot of salted water.  Drain and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil pesto.  Add in the cooked pasta and toss well.  Mix in the caesar dressing and shredded parmesan before serving.  Salt to desired taste. 

Here's photo #3 of "Something I Wore Today." I found this necklace a few months ago from J.CREW.  It's become one of my favorite pieces that I wear almost daily! 



Linking up to: Peas and Crayons

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I am happily following you back via GFC. That recipe looks delicious...and your pictures are beautifully taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pasta looks and reads yummily! I like the bits on the end of the chain very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy...tomato and basil - one of my favorite combos. Have you ever tried tomato-basil bread? D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

    Thanks for being a part of Time Travel Thursday. Hope you'll join each week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)