Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, May 24

BLACKENED SWAI FISH


I really like buying the pre-packaged frozen fish fillets for their convenience. Especially on those crazy days when I need something quick but still healthy. I can just toss them (in their packaging) into a bowl of warm water and they defrost in less than 30 minutes! 

Usually I just bake them with panko or I boil them, but if I'm extremely pressed on time then I make this delicious blackened fish. If you have the seasoning made beforehand, then this dish will soon be your best friend! ;) Leftovers are great for fish tacos! Plus the seasoning works great on chicken too.



Ingredients

2 Swai fillets (cut in half)
1-2 T grapeseed oil


Seasoning Mix
1 T paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
1 T cane sugar
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper


Directions

Mix all the ingredients for the seasoning into a small covered container. Shake up the container before each use.

Rinse the fillets and pat them dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle and rub the seasoning mix on both sides of the fish until they're well coated. Set aside.

Heat oil evenly in a cast iron pan on medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Once the pan is nice and hot, carefully place the fish into the pan. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side.

Serve with rice and a side of veggies. Enjoy!


Linking up with: The D.I.Y. Dreamer, Peas & Crayons

9 comments:

  1. I love fish but have never tried swai, How do you pronounce that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrible with name, so I Google. Swai is a type of catfish.
    Weiya, It looks yummy and seem simple , great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That spice mix sounds great. I am making a note of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good and I think it would be a hit with my family! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!!! Weiya, can you use this recipe on other fish too? I don't know if I can find Swai fish around here.

    Thanks so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swai is type of catfish from Vietnam and is very cheap, around 2.77 a pound here on Long Island NY...I love it...its like tilapia,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swai is type of catfish from Vietnam and is very cheap, around 2.77 a pound here on Long Island NY...I love it...its like tilapia,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tried the rub. Put it on too thick. I think garlic salt was tastier. Maybe broiling the rub/fish was a bad option. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tried the rub. Put it on too thick. I think garlic salt was tastier. Maybe broiling the rub/fish was a bad option. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)