Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Wednesday, May 2

ALMOND BUNDT CAKE + DAY 2


Before I move onto this fabulous recipe, I wanted to let you know that I just updated my "Meet Weiya" page. I love it so much more now and hope you all enjoy it too! :)



Some of you might recognize this cake from my Day 1 photo yesterday. Originally I had bought almond meal in hopes of making some biscottis. But when I saw this Glazed Almond Bundt Cake recipe, I just couldn't resist! I ended up tweaking the recipe a little, but it still turned out so moist and fluffy with the perfect amount of almond flavor.  
  • Ingredients

  • 1/2 C butter, softened
  • 1/2 C coconut oil
  • 3/4 cups white sugar
    4 eggs
    1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
    1 2/3 teaspoons vanilla extract

    2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup almond meal
  • 1 cup milk
  •  
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract

bundt pan
bamboo skewer


Directions
Preheat oven at 350.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and almond meal in a bowl. Set aside.

Cream together butter, coconut oil and sugar until light and flufy. Slowly beat in one egg at a time. Add the almond and vanilla extract.

Slowly beat in the flour. Alternate with the milk.

Pour the cake mixture into a lightly oiled and floured bundt cake pan. Bake for 45 minutes.

Mix together the milk, sugar and almond extract. Set aside. 

Before flipping the cake over, poke several holes into it using a skewer. Carefully spoon the milk mixture into the holes to let it seep in. Be careful not to let the milk drip down the sides of the pan, otherwise the cake will end up sticking and fall apart when you flip it over. (That's what happened to mine...)

Carefully turn the cake over onto a large plate. Sprinkle on some powdered sugar and enjoy!


I leave you with photo #2 of a "skyline." Ok, I cheated a little on this one... this picture was actually taken last month during our visit to the northeast. Unfortunately I live in a neighborhood that's as flat as can be with nothing but homes and commercial buildings, so I figured this one's a little more exciting. ;) 


Check back tomorrow for my quick and easy tomato basil pasta recipe inspired by La Madeleine's! It's a perfect go-to dish for these hot summer months. Have a great night everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you're killing me here, Weiya!!! I've got to remember NOT to visit when I'm hungry. lol

    Thanks for linking your yummy recipes to Time Travel Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)