Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Monday, May 7

CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN TACOS WITH TOMATILLO SAUCE


A recent visit to this awesome taco place called Torchy's inspired me to experiment at home. The only thing I really had to "make" was the tomatillo sauce. It was my first time and I could not believe how easy and delicious it was! 




Ingredients: 
1 serrano pepper (chopped) 
2 tomatillos (husks removed)
half a jalapeno (chopped) 
2 cloves of garlic 
1/4 tsp salt 
1/2 T water 
squeeze of lime juice 

onions & cilantro* (optional)




Directions:

Roast the tomatillos on a cast iron pan until softened (~3 min. on each side) over medium heat. Add in the garlic and peppers and roast until brown. Remove from pan and place them in a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Transfer into a small bowl and let the sauce cool to room temperature before serving.

For the tacos, I set out all the ingredients so that we could personalize our own. :)







Below was one of my favorite combinations: melted mozzarella and black beans on the bottom, topped with chicken, romaine, and mangoes! 




This a great meal to prepare during these hot summer months when you just want something light and tasty. If you prepare your ingredients beforehand and store them individually in tupperwares, all you need to do is just heat up some tortillas and you're set for the week!  

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
For the photo challenge, it's been a struggle trying to keep up with the pictures everyday. So instead of posting them daily on FB, I decided to do a whole collage at the end of the month. Sorry friends!  Thanks for understanding!


4 comments:

  1. Yum! I love the smell of tomatillas as they roast in the oven. This recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made tomatillo sauce for the first time yesterday (nom nom), but I like your method better - less pans to clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love the tomatillas sauce especially with Peruvian Chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm...as and usual amazing photo's

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)