Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Friday, January 18

DIY METALLIC CANVAS ART




So yesterday I decided to update a canvas that I had painted a long time ago but never really finished. It looked quite sad and just sat in the corner of our bedroom collecting dust.


To give it some new life, I started by painting on some white stripes over it and then applied painter's tape in the design I wanted....


took it outside and gave it a few light coats of metallic spray paint...


and was left with this after I pulled the tape off.


Now it's happily hanging in our bedroom above the headboard we made last year. :)


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! So pretty!! And it matches all the colors in the room too!!! Uwaaah!! And it's shiny too. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks, Ruth! It was a lot of fun to make... not to matchy-matchy for you? ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh WOW Weiya!! It's AMAZING!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First prints was really not looking good but the final metallic canvas art have great attraction. It's really amazing. Many thanks for sharing this DIY canvas print.

    Loot at here my latest post about canvas

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)