Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, January 1

Happy 2013!



We started this morning with a hot bubbling bowl of soupy spiciness
 (kimchee jiggae) over rice. There's really nothing better. ;) 


Happy 2013 friends! I still can't believe it's been a whole year since I last started this blog. I loved having this little space where I could share my experiences as well as inspirations. What I didn't expect though was to meet so many wonderful friends and I just wanted to take a moment and thank you all! Thank you for patiently following along, for your encouraging comments, for passing along helpful advice whenever you sense me struggling, and most importantly for your prayers.

There's a lot that I'm looking forward to this year. Most importantly, our family will be expecting a new addition this summer! Surprise...hehe! We didn't have the easiest journey getting to this point, but the Lord's been very faithful to be our all-sufficient grace. He really does meet our every need... many times in ways that are not according to our own concepts. 

Regarding this blog, I hope to post more often and take the opportunity to share more Christ with you all. :) As much as I love sharing DIYs and my cooking experiments (and will continue doing so!), I really want this blog to also minister more life and be a source of encouragement to my readers. 

As many resolutions/plans we can strive to make for this new year, the best thing we can really do is to just consecrate it to the Lord.  Whatever this year brings, we put our trust in Him. 


*    *    *    *    *    *

Fear not, He knows;
My soul why fret and tremble?
Fear not, He knows;
Your life is in His hands.
Fear not, He knows;
And you know He is able
To care for You,
So trust the best is planned!

Oh Lord, You know;
’Tis a thought so joyous!
Though I don’t know,
What need have I to fear?
You know, You know;
Thank and praise You, Jesus!
Through all unknowns,
You make Yourself so dear!

Just trust, He knows
Life’s still unwritten letter.
Just trust, He knows
Plans time would now disguise.
Just trust, He knows,
He sees which turn is better;
At the right time
He’ll open up your eyes!

Just rest, He knows;
With Him blindness is pleasant!
Just rest, He knows;
Sightless, you see Him best!
Just rest, He knows;
My soul, don’t waste the present
On those “what-if’s“.
Just turn to Him and rest!

Just seek, He knows;
Seek first His heart’s great yearning.
Just seek, He knows;
Serve Him, in Him abide.
Just seek, He knows;
Have peace and rest while turning.
Put His cares first;
All else He will provide.



Much grace,

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Weiya. Looks like 2013 is going to be filled with wonderful blessings for you and your family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and congrats on the awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your exciting news! Thanks for posting the hymn. Letting God be in control, and not worrying is something I struggle with on a very frequent basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the beautiful hymn. The author must have really had a walk with the Lord. It came on the very day my husband and I needed to hear those words. We have been in a waiting mode for what seems like ages. Our future doesn't look good and when we look at it with our eyes it is really scary and we should fret and tremble. But we also know that through eyes of faith it looks completely different. Oh, that we were blind to all but Him. Thank you again--it really ministered to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! I was going to email you back, but didn't see an email address to send to. Just wanted to thank so much for leaving me this encouraging comment, and I'm so happy that it was of some comfort to you and your husband. Like you said, it's so easy to worry and let ourselves be overcome with anxiety when we look with our own eyes. However the Lord's constantly wanting to shift our focus onto Him and to trust that He is over all and above all. He is the one on the throne. :)

      Delete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)