Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Wednesday, January 30

HEALTHY CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE







If you haven't come across her blog yet, you definitely need to go over and meet Sarah at Dwell on Joy. She is one of the nicest people I've "met" from blogging and yesterday she shared a story that left me laughing so hard that it inspired me to share mine today. ;)

Back in high school, I joined track for one season. Although I enjoy watching and sometimes playing sports, I am not athletic by any means and mainly joined to appear more "well-rounded" when it came to applying for colleges. One day after practice, my friend and I were getting ready to head back home. Unfortunately the way we usually took was locked up that afternoon. We decided to jump the wired fence since it was only a couple of feet high. (Translation: We were just too lazy tired to walk to the other side of the field to get out.) Anyways, my friend went first, climbed up with ease and made the jump down like a pro. Nothing to it right? Then I climbed up. Just as I jumped off, all of a sudden I heard a "rrrrriiiiiipppppppp" on my way down. My sweatpants had somehow gotten caught by the wires and it left me with a nice BIG gaping hole.

"OH MY GOODNESS, I JUST TORE THE BIGGEST HOLE IN MY PANTS!" I screamed out in horror. 

Then in those same couple of seconds, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that our boys softball team was practicing just a few yards away. 

ALL OF THEM staring in my direction...

MOST OF THEM with a huge smile plastered on their face...

Like Sarah, I pretended like nothing happened, took off my sweatshirt, wrapped it around my waist and took the walk of shame past the whole team with my friend. My sweet friend who was trying so hard to hold back from bursting out laughing...

Do you think that softball team still remember that traumatizing moment of mine? Perhaps not. But I probably will have that moment forever engraved in my mind. 

Have Sarah and I motivated you to share YOUR most embarrassing moment? Please do! ;)


*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

With this pregnancy, I've been craving a lot more sweets than usual. Unfortunately those cravings always creep in right before bedtime. What a thoughtful baby I have, huh? ;) So when I saw this super healthy and easy cake recipe from Delighted Momma, I knew I had to try it out. I made a few slight changes, because I found the cake to be a little dry. However once I topped on my ice cream, it really didn't seem to matter anymore and the combination was just perfect!



Ingredients
3 T almond meal
3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T honey
2 T milk
1 T coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
few dashes of salt

*Optional: few dashes of cinnamon, cayenne and semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
Mix everything together in a mug and pop it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. Top it with a few scoops of ice cream and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. OH NO!!! Not the boys softball team!!! That's way worse than my story since I never had to see those people again. And the visual of your pants getting stuck on the fence - oh my goodness :) Thanks for sharing this story Weiya! I hope others are inspired to share too! (P.S. The mug cake looks great! I just started adding almond meal and coconut oil to my pantry go to items - can't wait to try it! and P.P.S. I didn't know you were expecting!?! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)