Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, January 3

MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH ALMOND COOKIES




I made these right before dinner last night - probably not the best idea since E and I have ZERO self-control when it comes to baked goods haha. They were so yummy and easy to make that we might just have to make another batch today. ;)

Servings: 2 dozen - 1" balls

Ingredients
1/4 C powdered sugar + 1/4 C powdered sugar
1/2 C of softened butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C finely grounded almonds 
1 C all-purpose flour

Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream half the powdered sugar, butter and vanilla together for about 2 minutes. Slowly add in the flour and grounded almonds until they are all blended.  

Side note: I grounded raw almonds in the food processor, but make sure you don't overdo it or it'll turn into almond butter!

Roll the dough into one inch balls and place them onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes and then set it out to cool for 5 minutes. Roll the warm cookies in the remaining powdered sugar and set them to cool on wire racks. 

6 comments:

  1. hi Weiya! these are my mom's fave, only we use finely chopped walnuts (not powder) and roll them a *second* time after cooling in the powdered sugar. nom nom nom. Do you get the guilty trail of sugar on your clothes too? hope your holidays were super - happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious. I didn't realize they were so easy to make. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look sooooo GOOD Weiya!! I want some!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I can't wait to see what you link up this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you! I love these and am guilty of lack of self control when I am around them! Hope things are going great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these look so delicious! Thanks for visiting my blot today!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)