Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, August 20

BACK-TO-SCHOOL DUCK TAPE® DIY

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Walmart. All opinions are 100% mine.

 

So what do you do the the last week before school starts? A fun diy of course! ;)

 

Last week while I was at Walmart in their craft department, I spotted a bunch of cute Duck Tape® designs - ranging from solids to neons, cool patterns to popular cartoon characters. I was excited to see that you can also buy them by the sheet. For under $2, it was easier to commit to these if you don't want to buy a huge roll of tape.

 

With the above project that I had in mind, I picked up a sheet of these cute penguins and a roll of metallic tape. 

 


With a few simple items, I made a small travel tube that's great for safely storing tiny miscellaneous items (bobby pins, jewelry, hair ties, etc.) in your purse or backpack.    

 

 

Supplies:  Duck Tape®, regular clear tape, 2 empty pill bottles, Xacto knife, scissors

 

Directions

  • Tape the two pill bottles together (end to end) to make your double-sided tube.
  • Start decorating by taping the two ends with the metallic tape first.
  • Cut out a strip of the penguin tape using the grid on the back as a guide.
  • Tape it to the middle.
  • Trace the caps onto the penguin tape and cut out your circles.
  • Adhere it to the caps.
  • Using an Xacto knife, adhere the rest of the metallic tape to the sides of the caps.
 

I love that the tube has two separate compartments. One side held tiny items like my jewelry, bobby pins, perfume samples, hair ties, etc...

 


and the other side for my chapstick.

 

 

These tapes now are definitely a lot more fun and versatile than the typical gray ones that's been around for years. Especially since they're waterproof and incredibly sturdy, they'd be great for so many other back-to-school projects like covering books, decorating notebooks and pens, and bringing some color to school lockers. They're an inexpensive way to make updates on a variety of items! 

 


 

Interested yet? Go check these out and buy Duck Tape at Walmart. Make sure to also follow @TheDuckBrand for more creative inspiration!

 

Visit Sponsor's Site

1 comment:

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)