Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Monday, August 5

SWEET & SPICY KOREAN DRIED SQUID



Happy Monday, friends! Hope you all had a restful weekend. Today I want to share with you an easy but tasty Korean side dish that I prepared for a friend last week.  As some of you may know, Korean food is one of my favorite cuisines. I love the spicy stews and all the small side dishes that accompany every meal.  My favorite side dishes usually include seafood, like the one pictured above, marinated in spicy sauces.   

(If you are not a big squid/seafood lover, you may not want to keep scrolling. ;)...)  









Ingredients
1/2 lb of dried squid
1/2 C hot pepper paste
1/4 C soy sauce
1 T sesame oil
1 tsp mirin
1/8 tsp finely grounded black pepper
1/2 C sugar (or Korean corn syrup for extra shine)

1/2 T grapeseed oil
1 T roasted sesame seeds


Directions
Using cold water, wash and rinse the dried squid in a large mixing bowl. Squeeze out any excess water. Set aside.

Mix together the rest of the ingredients (except for the last two) in a bowl. Pour and combine the sauce with the dried squid. Use plastic gloves and mix everything together until the dried squid is well coated with the sauce. 

Heat the grapeseed oil in a large pan over high heat. Once the oil is hot, toss in the squid and stir around for about 2 minutes. 

Now you can eat it hold or cold. My preference is cold, so I would let it cool and then store it in a sealed container in the fridge overnight. 

Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top before serving. 


E loves this dish as much as I do. It's spicy, chewy and extremely tasty! Hope you all will enjoy it too! Be back tomorrow to share a yummy smoothie recipe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)