Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, April 30

COCONUT MOCHI CAKE

Although I love the flavor of coconut, I am not especially fond of biting into flakes of it. However, this yummy snack is the only dessert that I would make an exception for. I've been wanting to make this mochi cake for awhile now and finally found the motivation to the other night. 



*If you've never heard of or tried mochi before, be prepared for a very chewy and dense texture. 

Ingredients
1 box (16 oz.) of mochiko (sweet rice flour)
2 C sugar
1 tsp baking powder
5 large eggs, beaten
1 - 13.5 oz. can of unsweetened coconut milk
1 C of 2% milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
1 C flaked coconut, sweetened

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.

Combine the dry ingredients (mochiko, sugar and baking powder) together in a large mixing bowl and stir well.   

Combine and whisk the wet ingredients (eggs, coconut milk, 2% milk and coconut oil) together in another bowl and slowly add this mixture into the dry ingredients. 

Pour in the vanilla and coconut flakes and whisk everything together until there are no lumps.  

Pour it into your lined pan and bake for 1 hour.  Let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Delicious when served warm!





Another family favorite of ours is mochi ice cream... especially ones filled with mango and green tea ice cream!


Do any of you share our love for mochi?  :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I've been looking for a recipe that uses the stash of glutinous rice flour my mom left on her last visit - is the "sweet glutinous rice flour" the same as the "glutinous rice flour" that comes in the 1lb plastic bags at the asian market? thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! Coconut and mochi in one sweet bite? Dessert doesn't get better than that! I could use a bite of that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of mochiko before. Your pictures look beautiful and the recipe sounds delicious. The last picture though, my goodness, that looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)