Since it was just the three of us, I didn't go too crazy with the decor. I kept it simple but colorful enough for picture taking purposes. I actually drew my inspiration from these cute Kikkerland paper straws that I found at Bed Bath & Beyond. Since Elmo was also red, I decided to go with a red, black and white theme. I found matching fabric at Hobby Lobby that I used as a backdrop for pictures.
For the sign on the cake, I bought a Sesame Street coloring book from Target and cut Elmo out from the cover. Using scrapbook paper, paper straws, and some tape, I was able to quickly put everything together.
For the sign on the cake, I bought a Sesame Street coloring book from Target and cut Elmo out from the cover. Using scrapbook paper, paper straws, and some tape, I was able to quickly put everything together.

Haha you like the backside of it? ;) Here's the cake after E picked off all the strawberries and ate them!
I also made him a little birthday crown to wear... although he ended up wearing it for a total of 30 seconds! Sigh* It was so much easier last year when he didn't have so many preferences! ;) I strengthened the scrapbook paper with some tape before punching a hole through it on both sides. Then I just used some elastic thread to tie the crown together.
The whole set-up put together looked like this:
I thought it'd be neat to have a few birthday decor items present each year... like his banner, birthday plaque, birthday crown, and cake sign. I've been saving his crown and cake sign in a scrapbook I started for him. Hopefully, he'll enjoy looking back on it later on when he's older. :)
So there ya go... our mini-birthday celebration for E! Hope you liked it!
So there ya go... our mini-birthday celebration for E! Hope you liked it!


Your decorations turned out really neat! I love the idea of using scrapbook paper to dress up a mason jar.
ReplyDeleteLove how this turned out Weiya! It looks adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, friends! :D
ReplyDeleteThat all turned out GREAT!
ReplyDeleteHow cute and it looks easy to do as well.I am your newest follower come visit me.
ReplyDelete