
Weekends fly by WAY too fast these days. I'm just saying...
Anyways! :) A few months ago, a good friend and I planned a baby shower for this other friend of ours. It was her first baby and we were all so excited that she was having a girl! Since her nursery was going to be pink and brown, we decided to carry this theme into the shower decor. Here a few pictures from that day.
We made a welcome banner with the word "baby" on one side and the couple's baby pictures on the other side...
large paper medallions out of scrapbook paper and brown kraft paper...
a fabric name banner (sorry had to black out the baby's name)...
a framed picture of her sonogram with a verse from Psalm 139:14...

water bottles wrapped with matching scrapbook paper and labeled with the baby's initials...
more medallions resting inside glasses of soybeans acting as food markers...

and a light spread of finger foods courtesy of Costco (I just love that place).
It was a very sweet time filled with lots of eating and good fellowship. There were some older, more "seasoned" moms there who shared with us their experiences in raising their children to the Lord. The mom-to-be also picked out this hymn that she had been enjoying throughout her pregnancy.
- O Jesus Christ, grow Thou in me,And all things else recede;My heart be daily nearer Thee,From sin be daily freed.
- Each day let Thy supporting mightMy weakness still embrace;My darkness vanish in Thy light,Thy life my death efface.
- In Thy bright beams which on me fall,Fade every evil thought;That I am nothing, Thou art all,I would be daily taught.
- More of Thy glory let me see,Thou Holy, Wise, and True;I would Thy living image be,In joy and sorrow too.
- Fill me with gladness from above,Hold me by strength divine;Lord, let the glow of Thy great loveThrough all my being shine.
Make this poor self grow less and less,
Be Thou my life and aim;
Oh, make me daily through Thy grace
More meet to bear Thy name.
Lord Jesus, grow more in us today! Hope you all have a wonderful Monday! :)

What a beautiful shower, Weiya! It's so simple and elegant.
ReplyDeleteI just hosted a baby shower for my SIL - I'm so THANKFUL how much paper can make things pretty! This is beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteSoooo beautiful Weiya!!!! I wish I would have had such a cute baby shower!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful shower! That is so very sweet!
ReplyDelete