It's crazy how fast time can pass but then also seem to drag on forever. Most of you that have been following along for awhile probably noticed that I was gone a lot this past year. This second pregnancy was definitely more difficult than my first. I had intense nausea and was unable to eat or drink anything. Saltine crackers, dry sugary cereal, ginger ale, you name it - all did nothing for me. I was also extremely sensitive to smells. I avoided opening our fridge if at all possible. Cooking was pretty much nonexistent in our house unless you count boiling. Nausea meds didn't work for me either and I spent the majority of my first trimester in bed. I lost around 15 pounds during this time. Oh and I was on Lovenox this entire pregnancy... NOT fun.
It didn't start getting better until midway through my second trimester. The nausea became more bearable and I was slowly able to function again. I still didn't have much of an appetite but at least was able to hold down more food. (Donuts and coffee count, right??)
As slow as it seemed, I eventually made it to my third trimester. Little brother came early just like E... except his arrival was a whole different experience. I will spare you the details, but "FAST and FURIOUS" is the best way that I can describe it. If you're still curious, email me. ;)
And just like that, 10 months passed. Life's been a little busier...a lot more tiring... but we are all so happy and thankful to the Lord that he's finally here. :)
Before I close this topic here on my blog, I thought I'd share some practical tips regarding what I packed in my hospital bag and some newborn items that I found helpful in this first month.
aden & anais bamboo swaddle blanket / boppy newborn lounger (similar) / shea moisture healing baby lotion / burt's bees baby shampoo & wash / moby wrap / newborn sleeping gown (similar)


1.jpg)


2-001.jpg)

Great suggestions, Weiya. I always love to hear what everyone packs in their bags. :)
ReplyDeleteWe love the Burt's Bees sahmpoo too! I'm curious to try that healing lotion. My husband is allergic to lavender, so we can't use the B. Bees lotion.
ReplyDelete