
I actually first learned how to make these from The DIY Dish's website. Below is a quick step-by- step guide that I made for my 20" x 20" pillows, however I would encourage you all to watch The DIY Dish's video tutorial first.
A = Front Piece
B + C = Back Pieces

(For my 20" x 20" pillows, I used 3/4 yard of fabric.)
Step 1
Cut out two pieces of fabric, a front piece (A) and a back piece (B+C). You will add five inches to the length of the back piece. Cut the back piece in half to make the flaps of your "envelope" cover.
Lay fabric B and C side by side, right side up. One the edges where the two pieces meet, fold over 1/4" of the fabric and then 1/4" again and straight stitch all the way down. This will help create clean edges.
Step 2
Lay fabric A with the right side facing up. Place fabric B, right side facing down, on the left edge of fabric A. With a 1/4" seam, straight stitch the edge to attach.
Place fabric C, right side facing down, on the right edge of fabric A. With a 1/4" seam, straight stitch the edge to attach.
Step 3
Lay fabric C over B and straight stitch with a 1/4" seam the remaining edges to close the cover. Flip your cover right side out and you're done!
I really love these covers, because I can wash them at any time and they make it easy for me to change out if I ever get tired of them. Hopefully these instructions weren't too confusing! Please let me know if you have any questions! :)
I really love these covers, because I can wash them at any time and they make it easy for me to change out if I ever get tired of them. Hopefully these instructions weren't too confusing! Please let me know if you have any questions! :)
Have a happy Wednesday!

Lovely!! Nice job, Weiya!!
ReplyDeleteThey are awesome, Weiya! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Pinning it right away. :) Megan
ReplyDeleteJust read your tutorial - but watching the video definitely helped too! (I'm a visual learner :) Thanks so much for this - off to get fabric to make SIX envelope pillow covers for the teacher!!!
ReplyDelete