Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Monday, December 9

WINTER UPDATE



It's been surprisingly cold for us already here in Texas. We went from a week of being in the beautiful 70s to an icy cold 24 degrees all in one night. Most of us spent the last few days being iced-in; luckily we didn't lose power. Although we've been stuck inside, it's been nice to slow down for a change and the boys are LOVING having daddy at home. :) 



Homemade chili and cornbread with cardamom honey butter... perfect comfort food for this kind of weather.



Spiced almond hot chocolate with marshmallows... E's daily request ;)



This is a repeat, but still enjoying this hymn as much as ever...

My God, my Portion, and my Love,
My everlasting All,
I’ve none but Thee in heav’n above,
Or on this earthly ball.
What empty things are all the skies,
And this inferior clod!
There’s nothing here deserves my joys,
There’s nothing like my God.


Be back tomorrow to share the recipe for the hot chocolate. Stay warm, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Everything above looks scrumptious!
    We are in Oklahoma, so our weather conditions are similar.
    Besides my van getting stuck in a trench with the freezing rain and snow, our mini break was great.


    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)