Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, July 9

VESSELS



This morning I really enjoyed being reminded that God made us as vessels. Everyday we fill our outer man by eating, drinking and breathing. Our inner man is also a vessel that was made to contain God and to be filled by Him.  "We have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us." (2 Cor. 4:7)

A lot of times I forget that this is my main purpose. I focus on outward behavior such as being more patient, more selfless, more "spiritual" - so that I would be a better wife, mother, friend, etc.  I try to do all these things apart from God. I may be a Christian, but I'm not living out Christ but just myself.  

In the Bible, God is illustrated as food, water and air. Just as we take in these items physically, we must also take God in as our real food, our real water and real air.  We need to eat Him through His Word and breathe Him in constantly by calling on His name.  The more we do this, the more He is able to fill us to be our supply in our daily living.  

Take time to be filled by Him today!


1 comment:

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)