Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, July 4

MY PREGNANCY EXPERIENCE + A FEW HELPFUL TIPS


It's crazy how fast time can pass but then also seem to drag on forever. Most of you that have been following along for awhile probably noticed that I was gone a lot this past year. This second pregnancy was definitely more difficult than my first. I had intense nausea and was unable to eat or drink anything. Saltine crackers, dry sugary cereal, ginger ale, you name it - all did nothing for me. I was also extremely sensitive to smells. I avoided opening our fridge if at all possible. Cooking was pretty much nonexistent in our house unless you count boiling.  Nausea meds didn't work for me either and I spent the majority of my first trimester in bed. I lost around 15 pounds during this time.  Oh and I was on Lovenox this entire pregnancy... NOT fun. 

It didn't start getting better until midway through my second trimester. The nausea became more bearable and I was slowly able to function again.  I still didn't have much of an appetite but at least was able to hold down more food.  (Donuts and coffee count, right??) 

As slow as it seemed, I eventually made it to my third trimester. Little brother came early just like E... except his arrival was a whole different experience. I will spare you the details, but "FAST and FURIOUS" is the best way that I can describe it. If you're still curious, email me. ;) 

And just like that, 10 months passed. Life's been a little busier...a lot more tiring... but we are all so happy and thankful to the Lord that he's finally here. :) 

Before I close this topic here on my blog, I thought I'd share some practical tips regarding what I packed in my hospital bag and some newborn items that I found helpful in this first month.  





2 comments:

  1. Great suggestions, Weiya. I always love to hear what everyone packs in their bags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the Burt's Bees sahmpoo too! I'm curious to try that healing lotion. My husband is allergic to lavender, so we can't use the B. Bees lotion.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)