Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, March 5

STUFFED ZUCCHINI

Yesterday I was craving for some stuffed zucchinis and decided to make some for dinner. Unfortunately a lot of the recipes that I came across involved tons of tomato sauce and cheese. As much as our family love both, I wanted to make a lighter version since most of us were still getting over being sick. After getting a basic idea of the filling, I came up with my own version that we all ended up loving. My homemade tomatillo sauce at the end gave it just the right kick! :)




Ingredients
1/2 lb ground beef
1/8 C bread crumbs
1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 crimini mushroom (sliced)
1 egg, beaten
3 zucchinis (cut lengthwise with seeds scooped out, reserve the seeds from 2)
1/2 T grape seed oil + a little extra for drizzling
salt & pepper & paprika

Directions
Step 1 - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, seasoned salt, ground pepper and red pepper flakes. Next add in the mushroom, seeds and egg. Mix until everything's well blended.

(Side note: I'm going to try mixing in the egg after browning the meat next time. I noticed that the meat didn't hold together very well when it was done baking. If this isn't a big deal for you, then don't worry because it still tasted great!)



Step 2 - Place 1/2 T of oil in pan and brown the meat. 


Step 3 - Place the zucchini halves in a foiled baking dish. Lightly drizzle on some grape seed oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. 

Step 4 - Fill the halves with the meat mixture. Sprinkle with a little paprika over the top of the meat. 


Step 5 - Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with tomatillo sauce (recipe here) and enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, Weiya. We are big zucchini fans in our house. Have you ever tried the zucchini cake recipe by the blogger Life's Ambrosia? They are amazing. Can't wait to try this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm this looks delicious! I love making stuffed peppers and I've been wanting to make some stuffed zucchini too! This looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WoW!! I have to try this Weiya!! Looks soooo GOOD!!

    Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)