Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, December 13

MAKE YOUR OWN CALMING JAR



Hi everyone! :) I'm very excited to be back and thanks so much for all the support these last few months. Your comments, emails and Facebook messages really meant a lot to me. I'm feeling a whole lot better and happy to get back to my normal routines again! 

Before I share this fun DIY that E and I had made, I wanted to pass this little enjoyment of the Lord to you all first. 

Yesterday my husband shared with me about how much we need to learn to enjoy God, be filled with God and to rest in Him. Most of the times we're always toiling (Matthew 11:28-30), trying to work or be "successful" in our work for God by ourselves. This often results in spiritual death and the loss of the fellowship in the Body. However according to the principle of the Sabbath (Exodus 31), God wants us to enjoy Him first and be filled by Him before we do anything else. If we come to be refreshed by Him first, everything we do will be just to please Him and to do His will. We wouldn't be worried about being "successful" or needing to see outward "results." Our work wouldn't be to glorify ourselves. We'd be satisfied just to please Him.  

The Lord really touched me about how often I rush to do so many things and end up getting burnt out and overwhelmed. I often think that rest comes AFTER everything's done. But God doesn't work that way... He wants me to stop everything and come spend time with Him first. To stop all my working, my "good intentions," really just "myself," and come to Him. Only then will the work glorify and honor God. :)

Have any of you ever had similar experiences? 


*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *



Ever since I saw this calming jar back in April, I've been wanting to make one for myself E. ;)  Last night we had some time to spare before dinner so we decided to give it a try. Instead of using glitter glue, we substituted it with some clear liquid glue and glitter that we already had. We also used a combination of fine and coarse glitter and were quite happy with the results!

Supplies: empty glass bottle with a secure lid, clear liquid glue, food coloring, glitter, bamboo stick for stirring (optional), and distilled vinegar (optional)




Directions: 
  • pour about 2/3 of the liquid glue into the glass bottle (the more glue the more suspension)
  • fill the rest of the bottle with warm water up to the neck
  • add two drops of food coloring and stir everything together
  • add 2 - 4 teaspoons of glitter
  • secure the lid and shake it all up! 
Side note: Some people recommend adding a few drops of vinegar to keep the water from molding.



E and I couldn't stop staring at it the rest of the night.  And to be honest, it WAS quite calming to watch all the sparkly glitter slowly floating around...

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm going to have to try this out. Welcome back, Weiya! We missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! :)
    And I agree, I love that God established the Sabbath! We all need a day of rest but not from God but FOR God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! This is beautiful. I love that you added the food coloring. What a fun project and what a bonus that it calms you down :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Weiya! This is a great party favor~ Hope you don't mind if I copy you one day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)