Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, December 27

FLUFFY PUMPKIN PANCAKES



This past week I kind of went a little overboard with making breakfast foods. Just a little. I'm not really sure where the motivation came from, but perhaps the craving for dutch babies started it all. ;) The other morning, I found a can of pumpkin puree in our pantry and decided to make some pancakes with them. I used this as the base recipe and just added my puree with it.  They turned super fluffy and was big hit with E and my husband. :)



Ingredients
1 C pumpkin puree
1.5 C milk
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 eggs
2 C all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda 
1/2 tsp salt
3 T oil

Directions
Combine the vinegar with the milk and let it sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl and set it aside. 

Once the milk is ready, whisk in the eggs, oil and pumpkin puree. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until there are no lumps. Do not over-mix!

Spray a light coat of cooking spray on a cast iron pan and set it on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, start ladling in the batter to the desired size and flip the pancakes once the batter starts to bubble. Cook until the other side is brown. 



And now I'm officially out of eggs...;) 

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)