Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, October 2

MACARONS DO NOT LIKE ME...




                                           Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot // The Boiling Crab

Over the weekend, our family tried out these two places that I've been craving for quite a while now. The first spot was a Chinese fondue restaurant where you and those with you all sit around one large simmering pot of delicious broth and throw in different food items to cook as you please (thinly sliced lamb, pork, beef, napa cabbage, taro, mushrooms, noodles, etc.). Our pot was split into two parts: one savory and the other spicy. Since we paid for the all-you-can-eat deal, our group left pretty satisfied hehe.

The second spot was known for their fresh Cajun seafood.  Just imagine... big bags of spicy steamed seafood soaked in the most amazing sauce dumped straight onto your table.  There are no utensils involved, just a bib and lots of paper towels! ;) 

Let's just say I was one very happy girl this past weekend...


*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *


And now about those macarons...


I'm finally ready to face the fact that macarons simply do not like me. I've tried 3 different recipes and made at least 4 attempts and still cannot get the "feet" (the ruffle around the edges).   


Any experienced macaron bakers out there? I'm on the verge of giving up completely. 
What am I doing wrong, friends???


3 comments:

  1. I've never made macarons but Eddie says that he thinks he gets the feet from leaving the pan out for at least 30 minutes before you put it into the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. drooling...my 2 favorite things...hot pot and fresh seafood. Have you try http://www.theboilingcrab.com/? I've heard many good things. Over here we have HotNJuicy and chasintails, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried macaroons because admittingly! They are too intimidating for me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)