Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Sunday, October 7

FALL INSPIRATIONS WITH MIRACLE-GRO AND THE GARDENIERES

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Miracle-Gro for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

Gardening has always intimidated me. I can hardly keep indoor plants alive never mind trying to care for a home garden. Lately, however, I've been giving it a little more thought because of E. (Funny how much more we notice once we have kids, huh?)

Ever since he started eating with us, I've been a lot more conscious about the foods we eat. For almost every item I pick up, I'm flipping it over to read where it came from, what ingredients are in there, whether there's MSG or not, etc. Even with produce, I get scared thinking about the amount of pesticides I've ingested over the last two decades. Of course getting everything organic would be ideal - if only it weren't so expensive...

I know a few people who have their own vegetable gardens and that seems to work really well for them. It's nice that they can go into their backyards and pull everything they need for a salad. Whether it’s herbs or peppers, they have everything fresh, organic, and right at their fingertips.

(1) Miracle-Gro

This week I was introduced to an awesome site powered by Home Depot and Miracle-Gro called the Gardenieres. Led by William Moss, a master gardener, and his handpicked team of Gardenieres, this site gathers together real-life experts from all over the country inspiring people to get out and garden this fall. You can check out this site or their YouTube channel for all kinds of helpful videos based on their own gardening experiences. You can also chat with them on Miracle-Gro Facebook page if you have any questions or encounter unique challenges in your gardening project.

While scanning their site, I came across a great video on ways to build a raised garden bed that I could possibly start out with. With the help of Miracle-Gro's organic garden soil and Liquafeed-their watering and feeding system all in one, plus some bricks for building a retaining wall, this vegetable garden may work out after all. Be sure to also check out West Coast Gardeniere Teena Spindler's video about how to manage edible gardens.


So go check out the Gardenieres and "like" Miracle-Gro's Facebook page to chat with fellow gardeners and share your experiences! 

Advertisement
Visit Sponsor's Site

2 comments:

  1. Gardening has always intimidated me too! I feel like I have a brown thumb. Thanks for sharing the resources you came across. Hopefully you'll inspire other brown thumbs to try gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have tried gardening with little success. Thats a nice website you mentioned in the post. :) Thanks .

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)