So... I've been recently having this love/hate relationship towards blogging. Sometimes I feel like there's a certain fake-ness to it that makes me want to stop. There are times when I can hear myself typing something that just seems forced (if you other bloggers know what I mean). In that same respect, I sometimes find it really hard to tell too if the bloggers I follow are really the people they present themselves to be or if I'm just seeing what they're wanting me to see. Of course we follow blogs mainly because of the content, but sometimes I also follow because I really like/respect the person behind it.
So here's my attempt at being transparent...
- I'm not constantly crafting and diy-ing (Maybe if I didn't have a two-year old or if I had a ton of money... or even the space to put everything!)
- And on that note, my projects do not always come out the way I want them to. Many have found themselves in the trash...)
- I'm not constantly whipping out fancy dishes and desserts (Ummm... ask my husband what he comes home to on most nights. Good thing he and E really like fried rice hehe.)
- I'm a t-shirt, jeans and flats kind of girl. I guess I just prefer comfort over "looking cute." I try to do both, but haha...it doesn't always work out. ;) And most days, I'm lucky if my hair looks semi-decent and not the "I just rolled out of bed" look...
- Ok my house isn't horribly messy all the time... BUT the "2-minute scramble to pick up everything as soon as I hear the garage door opening" does happen quite a lot... ;)
- I do not have an awesome relationship with the Lord ALL THE TIME. (Although my blog is titled enjoyer of grace, that is something that I'm learning to be. Most days I fail to turn to the Lord and enjoy Him, but He's been faithful to provide me with situations that make me turn and realize that I can't make it on my own. Lord Jesus, I really really need You.
- I'm not always patient and my son does drive me crazy a lot. (Another way the Lord reminds me to turn and spend time with Him. My love is so short and so conditional. I need Him to be the real love for my family.)
So that's me in a nutshell! Do you all ever feel this way to some extent? Or maybe I just over-analyze too much... ;)