Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Tuesday, September 25

MOMENT OF TRUTH


So... I've been recently having this love/hate relationship towards blogging. Sometimes I feel like there's a certain fake-ness to it that makes me want to stop. There are times when I can hear myself typing something that just seems forced (if you other bloggers know what I mean). In that same respect, I sometimes find it really hard to tell too if the bloggers I follow are really the people they present themselves to be or if I'm just seeing what they're wanting me to see. Of course we follow blogs mainly because of the content, but sometimes I also follow because I really like/respect the person behind it. 

So here's my attempt at being transparent...
  • I'm not constantly crafting and diy-ing (Maybe if I didn't have a two-year old or if I had a ton of money... or even the space to put everything!)
  • And on that note, my projects do not always come out the way I want them to. Many have found themselves in the trash...)
  • I'm not constantly whipping out fancy dishes and desserts (Ummm... ask my husband what he comes home to on most nights. Good thing he and E really like fried rice hehe.)
  • I'm a t-shirt, jeans and flats kind of girl. I guess I just prefer comfort over "looking cute." I try to do both, but haha...it doesn't always work out. ;)  And most days, I'm lucky if my hair looks semi-decent and not the "I just rolled out of bed" look...
  • Ok my house isn't horribly messy all the time... BUT the "2-minute scramble to pick up everything as soon as I hear the garage door opening" does happen quite a lot... ;)
  • I do not have an awesome relationship with the Lord ALL THE TIME. (Although my blog is titled enjoyer of grace, that is something that I'm learning to be. Most days I fail to turn to the Lord and enjoy Him, but He's been faithful to provide me with situations that make me turn and realize that I can't make it on my own.  Lord Jesus, I really really need You.
  • I'm not always patient and my son does drive me crazy a lot. (Another way the Lord reminds me to turn and spend time with Him. My love is so short and so conditional. I need Him to be the real love for my family.)

So that's me in a nutshell! Do you all ever feel this way to some extent? Or maybe I just over-analyze too much... ;)

13 comments:

  1. I don't think you're over-analyzing at all. I absolutely feel the same way about blogging. Truth be told, this is my second go-around!

    I had a fairly successful blog from 2008-2011. By 2011, I had a hate-hate relationship with it. I wasn't myself at all. I was what I thought people wanted to read. And that's not me! This time, I set out to portray myself, and our family, honestly. And I am truly enjoying blogging again!

    I think the transparency of this post is fantastic. Off to check out more of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally get what u mean. im feeling ny way around blogging too as im still quite new. following u from the blog hop! im at www.makemeupmandy.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Girl, I know what you are talking about...
    Stopping by from the "followers to friends" linkup today :)
    New follower!
    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Weiya,

    Thank you for your honest post. I think we all have struggles and I agree with you about the blog. I don't blog all the time like I use to because I enjoy doing other things as well.
    But I am thankful for your blog and enjoy it!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Come visit me whenever you get a chance! :)

    Aw! Loved this post and reading more about you!!

    ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I totally felt the same way about blogging. Once I figured out that you just have to be yourself, it's been so much more fun to be able to put my thoughts and my feelings out there. It's really helped my confidence. But I totally understand and was there. I try to make sure I always sound like myself, because that's something that people can relate to.
    Love your blog, very honest. I'm not always doing something crafty or wearing cute dresses either Lol, most of my time is spent playing with my son, cleaning, working. Haha!
    I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you are feeling. I fear people are beginning to think I am perfect or something and that's soooo not true! I actually have a post very similar to this bouncing around in my brain, begging to come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your blog via FTF and I'm excited to follow along. You are not alone. I sometimes feel the same way when I blog. I've decided to just be me, people can take it or leave it and since I have been doing that, my blog has actually became more successful. I like it when people are real on their blogs. These "perfect" people aren't so perfect. Check out my blog if you get a chance.

    Sarah @ Our Family of Three
    woodsfamilyofthree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog from the blog hop and am your newest follower. Your blog is so great, don't give it up! xx

    myprettymummy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your honesty in this post. I have always tried to stop writing once I stop feeling authentic, and I love that you mention this. I've decided to write when I have stuff to write, and to put anything else out there can make me feel like I'm just winging it. So if it's 1 post a week or five, I just go with it! I think it's the curse of all social media (not that blogging is that per say) - people tend to only put their best stuff out there, not the messy, crabby, or unmotivated stuff. I helps to know I am not the only one who's not living perfection every day! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As difficult as it is, I think the best blogs are the honest ones that show the true self--even if that means putting it ALL out there for the entire blogosphere to read. I only write humor, but I tell my readers that it is HARD to keep up with that because sometimes i just don't feel funny--I feel mean or tired or miserable some days...but those are also days i choose NOT to blog because there is already enough grief in the world, so why should I add to it with my problems?? I like to write funny stuff in the hopes that maybe I can bring a little laughter to someone's day--and yes, it is often at my own expense because I make fun of my self A LOT..but that's OK because I have learned not to take life so seriously---laughter really is the best medicine!! Found you on the hop and am following you via GFC. Stop by some time and say hello...and maybe laugh a little with me!! http://Menopausalmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could copy and paste this post and sign my name at the bottom. Yep.. we are VERY similar Weiya!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Weiya, I thank you for this post. I dont blog but I feel like this with my facebook account. You're not the only one who feels like that. I also have to say that I hope you continue blogging as long as you can! This is the first time I really came in to your blog and was able to spend a decent time reading/looking at the posts and I L.O.V.E. it! I just need to remember to come in more often!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)