Join me on Facebook Join me on Pinterest Follow me on Bloglovin Email me

Thursday, September 6

9 P.M. CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE




Still here, guys. Don't worry. Just dragging out my long weekend that's all. =D

My husband and I (ok maybe I a little more) have been craving for a soufflé ever since Josh and Frank went head to head in their soufflé showdown on Master Chef last week.  We originally planned to get one this past weekend but never got to. =(

Earlier tonight, my cravings got the better of me. After searching online through a few recipes, I decided to just wing it. To my readers who are bakers, please pretend you didn't just read that. ;) Instead of using butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips, I substituted them with coconut oil and some Dove dark chocolates that we had in our fridge.  

Surprisingly it turned out pretty well! It actually had the nice high puff, although it deflated as soon as it came out of the oven. (-.-) I'm not sure what a soufflé's suppose to taste like, but the three of us devoured it within 5 minutes.  According to E, it was "yummy yummy."

Yes, it really was after 9 when I started making it. And yes, Dad, I'll try not to do that again. ;)

Be back soon with my usual Friday Treats! Until then. 


P.S. Just looked over to my GFC. I cannot believe that I'm just one away from reaching 100! Who among you is going to be my special 100?? =)

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge souffle fan but I could totally start craving them after a master chef showdown. =)

    Aloha,

    I'm late, I'm late, I know... but, I'm following ya now from the GFC hop. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love it if you'd join me at localsugarhawaii.com where we're riding the wave of life one little adventure at a time. And this week we're celebrating the opening of my new little shop with great big heart with a bunch of fun giveaways...

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was skyping with my brother during this particular episode! Haha he was so distracted and spacey during our talk. He was more interested in the souffles!
    It sounds delicious, and if E said it was "yummy, yummy" then even more so :)
    Did it have a slight coconut-y taste. I don't mind, I'm just wondering.
    Congratulations on reaching 100 GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! That looks delicious! And congrats on reaching 100, girl! I'm a new follower from the Link & Mingle, and I'd love a visit back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com when you get the chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Souffle at 9? Sign me up! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! :)